Are you passionate about travel and start-ups? Do you believe in the power of data-driven decision-making? Do you want to be part of a very early stage venture aiming to rebalance powers in a sector that accounts for roughly ten percent of GDP?
Smart Host has one mission: making guest data usable! While large hotel chains have professional marketing departments at their disposal, our clients have not. We aim for the 90 percent of the European leisure tourism market: independent, mostly owner-operated hotels. While guest data is as valuable for them as for any hotel chain, they need assistance with the interpretation and usage of their data. Smart Host collects, purifies, enriches and crunches guest data with highly automated tools, powered by artificial intelligence and thus allows for tailored products, communication and marketing.
Driven by a team that combines tourism and online expertise in a unique way, we have what it takes to revolutionize the hospitality industry. Our proved track record of company building (four successful exist so far) and the strong financial backing by some of the industry’s most reputable investors, fuel our rapid expansion plans. This is an incredibly rare opportunity to work for a super-early stage start-up created by experienced serial-entrepreneurs. Smart Host offers you a challenging, but also fun and casual work atmosphere – and most importantly, real start-up experience.
- Assisting the management – building a company requires the right mindset
- New project development and evaluations
- User interface development and user testing
- Preparation of user manuals as well as training materials
- Formulation of the customer on-boarding process
- Customer success assurance
- Recruitment of our tech, sales and customer service teams
- Preparation of fundraising materials
- Sales assistance
- Partner acquisition, negotiations and relationship management
- Creation of a representative company web-site
- Helping with every-day tasks in various departments of the business
- This is a start-up – don’t expect all tasks to be clearly outlined. You are here for the experience, aren’t you?
- Bachelor degree or master degree / master student, preferably in tourism, business, economics, statistics, math, IT, physics or a related field of study
- Internship experience
- High motivation, reliability and flexibility
- Full working proficiency in: English, German and (optionally) Italian
- Passion for travel, tourism and business
- Extroverted personality and proactive attitude
- Work independently in a very exciting environment
- Hands-on start-up, no red tape, no politics
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing business
- Fun & casual working atmosphere
- International mindset, close collaboration with management
- International atmosphere (customers, management, co-workers)
- Compensation: paid internship
- Start: ASAP