Smart Host is a B2B SaaS platform in the hospitality industry. We empower hotels to put their own data to work. We collect, clean and enrich guest data from both internal and external data sources. All of this combined with data analysis takes guest communication and marketing efforts to a new level. Our typical clients are not necessarily tech savvy, so it’s on us to skyrocket them into the digital marketing age, by simplifying the experience to the maximum through great usability.
We are an early stage company run by experienced entrepreneurs – this is your chance to shape our product. We believe in user research, data driven product development and simple UIs allowing complex interactions. If you do too, we are a match. As senior Back-end engineer you’ll be part of an amazing team responsible for our hospitality software solution.
- You are proficient in Java and keep track of its development up to Java 14
- You are familiar with some of the following technologies: Gradle, Spring, JPA, Kubernetes, Skaffold, Helm, Terraform, Apache Kafka, Go, Scripting (Shell, Python)
- You understand the fundamentals of networking, operating systems and distributed computing.
- DevOps experience in cloud environments is a plus
- You care about code quality and refactor where it is required
- You dig deep to find the root cause of any problem before shifting responsibility
- You constantly extend and share your professional knowledge
- Developing a webapp back-end with non-trivial business logic
- Being responsible for your code and the cloud infrastructure it runs on
- Making sure that the software scales together with the growing user base
- Working together with Front-end Engineers and provide required APIs
- Fighting emerging complexity in the code by rethinking things from the beginning
- A small, skilled and highly passionate team of extraordinary co-workers
- A competitive salary
- An ability to make significant impact on the company’s future
- High levels of transparency, trust and freedom
- A casual working environment with flexible working hours
- An office in the centre of Berlin between Alexanderplatz and Friedrichstraße
Your complete application should include your CV, a few words about you and your soonest availability. Please it send to email@example.com using the subject line “Application – Senior Back-end Engineer”. In order to be hired you will need to pass a coding challenge – see: https://cutt.ly/se3ZPpA as well as a technical interview which will be conducted by your future colleagues.