Smart Host is a B2B SaaS platform in the hospitality industry. We empower hotels to put their own data to work. We collect, clean and enrich guest data from both internal and external data sources. All of this combined with data analysis takes guest communication and marketing efforts to a new level. Our typical clients are not necessarily tech savvy, so it’s on us to skyrocket them into the digital marketing age, by simplifying the experience to the maximum through great usability.
We are an early stage company run by experienced entrepreneurs – this is your chance to shape our product. We believe in user research, data driven product development and simple UIs allowing complex interactions. If you do too, we are a match. As senior Back-end engineer you’ll be part of an amazing team responsible for our hospitality software solution.
- You will develop reusable client-side components to build our client-side web app
- You will be responsible for your code from design to deployment
- You will optimize the front-end code for resiliency, speed, memory consumption, and size, so to deliver the best possible user experience
- You will cooperate with Backend Engineers to create the most efficient API, and with designers to build a flawless UX and a good-looking UI
- You will solve occurring challenges on the way to making our customers happy
- You will fight emerging complexity in the code by rethinking things from the beginning
- You have a firm understanding of State management and the different ways to apply state management techniques.
- You are proficient at building UI components from designs given
- You have an understanding of related technologies, e.g. CSS-in-JS, Jest, Storybook, MonoRepos.
- You love keeping the codebase simple and easy to understand, knowing when it’s the right time to refactor.
- You understand how browsers work, and how to debug client-side code efficiently.
- You care about code quality.
- You don’t follow hypes blindly, but choose the right tool for the job. You dig deep to find the root cause of any problem before shifting responsibility.
- You constantly cultivate your professional knowledge.
- A small, skilled and highly passionate team of extraordinary co-workers
- A competitive salary
- An ability to make significant impact on the company’s future
- High levels of transparency, trust and freedom
- A casual working environment with flexible working hours
- An office in the centre of Berlin between Alexanderplatz and Friedrichstraße
What we value:
- Ability to give and also accept feedback
- Ability to be respectful while collaborating with colleagues in and out of immediate team
- Being willing to fail and learn, its how we grow!
Your complete application should include your CV, a few words about you and your soonest availability. Please, send it using the subject line “Application – Senior Front-End Engineer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be hired you will need to pass a coding challenge as well as a technical interview which will be conducted by your future colleagues.